This fresh and hearty side is almost a meal in itself. Grill garden-fresh zucchini, asparagus and broccolini, add them to the couscous, drizzle with lemon and olive oil, decorate with some anchovies and parmesan cheese and you will have the most appealing dinner accompaniment.
Serve it with your favorite grilled meat or fish. I love mine served with a chicken schnitzel for a healthier option than the traditional chips.
Serve it warm or cold and enjoy.
SERVES: 8 (as a side dish) PREP TIME: 10 min COOKING TIME: 30 min
1 Packet of our Italian couscous
6 tbs olive oil
2 medium size zucchinis cut into 1cm slices
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 3 pieces
1 bunch of broccolini
Juice of 1 lemon
1 lemon cut into wedges
Parmesan cheese to taste, grated
8 anchovies in olive oil
- Prepare the couscous following the instructions on the packet
- Meanwhile cut the zucchini into 1cm slices and the asparagus into 3 pieces
- Drizzle 2 tbs of olive oil over the zucchini, asparagus and broccolini and mix well
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Place vegetables and cook both sides until beautifully golden.
- Once greens are done, lay them on top of the couscous and drizzle with another 2 tbs of olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon
- Decorate with anchovies, lemon wedges and grated parmesan cheese