As a busy working mum, I know how precious time can be when you’re juggling family and the kitchen. That’s why I’m thrilled to share with you this recipe.
It’s not just a meal; it’s a culinary journey to the vibrant streets of Bangkok, with all the flavors and none of the fuss. Imagine the sweet burst of pineapple, the satisfying crunch of cashews, and the exquisite blend of spices—all ready in minutes.
Pair it with chicken satay for a complete dinner that’ll amaze your family. In less than 30 minutes, you can treat your loved ones to an adventure that transcends the dining table.
SERVES 4 | PREP TIME 5 MIN | COOKING TIME 20 MIN
1 packet of our Thai pineapple rice
12 chicken skewers
2 baby cucumbers
8 tbsp of store bought peanut sauce
A handful of roasted peanuts
4 tbsp vegetable oil
Fish sauce (to taste)
Chilli, coriander & lime to decorate
- In a large heavy-based saucepan or casserole dish, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat, add the contents of the packet and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until water has been absorbed (lid off)
- Add fish sauce to taste for a bit of extra flavour.
- While the rice is cooking, heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a large non stick pan over medium high heat and cook skewers in batches for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Slice the baby cucumbers.
- Serve the Thai rice with cucumbers, chicken skewers and peanut sauce on the side for dipping.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, coriander and chilli.