Delish recipe from our superhero stockist Hudson Meats in Surry Hills Sydney.
Succulent veal cutlets smothered in thyme, garlic and mustard are perfect on a bed of our Italian couscous.
Seared haloumi gives this dish an extra texture, as do the crushed pecans.
A delightful dish you’ll keep going back to!
SERVES 2 | PREP TIME 5 MIN | COOKING TIME 15 MIN
4 portions of veal cutlets (200g each approx.)
100g of our Italian couscous
4 tbsp olive oil
80g haloumi cubed
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
4 cloves of garlic
4-5 sprigs of thyme
1 tsp salt and pepper
Handful crushed pecans
- Place couscous in a heat proof bowl and add equal amounts of boiling water and a little olive oil or butter. Cover and set aside. Fluff couscous with fork after 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp mustard, red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive to a small bowl and mix. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to a frying pan along with thyme, garlic and remaining mustard. Add veal cutlets and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- Sear haloumi in same pan.
- Pour over vinaigrette over salad leaves, haloumi, pecans and toss with couscous. Serve with veal cutlets
Your guests will say thank you for this veal cutlet recipe. The perfect dish for when the seasons change.