When most of us think of the word “curry” we picture colorful Indian dishes with a thick sauce. Curries are among the most popular dishes in the world and are beloved for their vibrant colours, fragrant and spicy flavors.
This Vegan Indian curry is a crowd pleaser, have it for dinner, pack leftovers for lunches next day or wrap it as a get-well nourishing dish for someone in need of some care.
Accompanied it with our delicious Indian Pilau rice and some roti bread for a family winner dinner.
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 10 min COOKING TIME: 30 min
1/2 Packet of our Indian dhal
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
4 tbs passata or diced tomato
400g diced sweet potato
1 tin chickpea (washed and drained)
400 ml coconut milk
400 ml water
Lime, coriander leaves and fresh chili to decorate
- Wash and drain the chickpeas
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into 2cm cubes
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or pot on high, add the tomato, dhal, chickpeas and sweet potato and sauté for 3 minutes
- Once fragrant add the water and coconut milk and cook with the lid on (medium heat) for about 30 minutes or until the lentils are al dente.
- If drying up add a little more water
- Once ready squeeze the juice of 1 lime and decorate with coriander leaves and fresh chili